THE SHAFT / Maiza Hixson (Santa Barbara, CA) & Lauren Ruth (Chico, CA)
firstname.lastname@example.org / www.theshaftspace.com
Solo Exhibitions & Performances
- Dream Disaster, Santa Barbara Center for Art, Science, and Technology, Santa Barbara, CA (performance), 2016
- Dream Wedding, Dreamland, Louisville, KY (performance), 2015
- Total Wedding Package & Romantic Dinner for Thirty, Cannonball, Miami, FL (performance series), 2013
- A Wedding Package, The Koban Project, Baltimore, MD (performance, curated by Deana Haggag), 2013
- Six-Week Intensive Curatorial Training School for Artists, University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA (public art/socially engaged art), 2012
- Sustainable Shaft, The Shaft Space, Philadelphia, PA (performance), 2012
- Now Accepting Reservations, The Shaft Space, Philadelphia, PA (performance), 2012
- Pre-Vaporism: A Movement, The Shaft Space, Philadelphia, PA (performance), 2012
- SHAFTING, The Shaft Space, Philadelphia, PA (performance), 2011
Group Exhibitions & Performances
- INVERSE Performance Art Festival, Cuesta College, CA (performance, curated by Emma Saperstein & Cynthia Post Hunt), 2017
- Working Forces, The Soap Factory, Minneapolis, MN (performance/installation, curated by Jehra Patrick), 2016
- Who’s Afraid of Feminism? AIR Gallery, Brooklyn, NY (curated by Catherine Morris), 2015
- Romantic Treatment Package, Force Field, Philadelphia, PA (performance/installation), 2014
- Higher Love, The Brooklyn Museum of Art, Brooklyn, NY (performance with the Institute for Psychogeographic Adventure, Experiment #23b, BEAT Festival), 2013
Conferences & Residencies
- Visiting Artist in Residence, Cannonball, Miami, FL, 2013
- Panelist, Medium of Exchange, Southeastern College Art Conference, Durham, NC, 2012
- Mills, Ted. “Requiem for a Dream Disaster,” The Santa Barbara Sentinel, 13 – 27 Jan. 2017, pp. 22.
- Young, Nathan Robert Payne. “More Oars in the Water.” LOST WKND, Dec. 2016.
- Onyewuenyi, Ikechukwi. “Waves Washing Ashore: A.I.R. Gallery Considers the State of Feminism Through the Visual.” ARTS.BLACK, Sept. 2015.
- Cathy Carter, Interview, “The emerging trend for pop up art events in Wilmington,” WDDE, Delaware Public Media, July 28, 2015.
- Roberta Fallon & Libby Rosof, “The Shaft: Pick of the Month,” The Artblog, July 2012
- Roberta Fallon & Libby Rosef, “2011 Liberta Awards!” The Artblog, Dec. 20, 2011
© Copyright 2017